Text Mesh Pro text not showing in scene view

The Text Mesh Pro text appears in the game view but not scene view. I do have the whole canvas in view and can manipulate the text using the handles on the text object, but the text itself does not appear.

In the screenshot, the game area is in the bottom left corner. The outline box is the text object with the rect tool selected.

Any ideas as to why this is?

Hi,

Try increasing the size of the rect transform in the Scene view so that the text actually fits, e.g. drag that bottom-right (or any of them) handle and move it down and to the right to increase the size of the box.

Hope this helps :slight_smile:

I can make the size of the rect transform of the text object as big as the canvas and the text still does not display. In the screenshot below, the move tool is selected. I notice there is no anchor gizmo either. I must have messed up a preference setting perhaps?

Happy to take a quick look if you would like to share your project files.

The forum will allow uploads of up to 10MB, if your project files (zipped) are larger than that you would need to use a service such as Google Drive or Dropbox, and then share the URL.

Hi,

Maybe the layers are invisible. Make sure everything you need is visible.

6 Likes

I apologize for the delay in my response. It was indeed the layers setting. I was certain I had ruled that out… but apparently misread it. Thanks so much for your help.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms