Text Displaying Beneath Button Background

Hey, apologies if this is a silly question but I can’t figure out how to make my text display ABOVE the button background. I don’t know if you can see from the screenshot but it’s being obscured slightly because it’s not the top layer.

There’s no sort order option, and changing the Z position doesn’t seem to have any noticeable effect (presumably because it’s a canvas element, which should be displaying on top anyway?)

I tried creating a new layer called “Text” and assigning it to the that but no luck there either. Again, apologies if this is a silly question, I’m sure there’s a simple fix but I can’t figure it out!

1 Like

Hi,

The best would be to remove the Quad and replace the SpriteRenderer components with Image. Since Image is a UI element, make sure that its parented to a Canvas. The order in the Hierarchy is the rendering order, so you do not need the z-position to tell Unity what is supposed to be on top of other sprites.

3 Likes

Great, I’ll do that.

Thanks for the advice Nina!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms