Text 101 Urgent help

Hey, I have not decided to say hi to the community yet, so hi. Let’s get to the point. My computer closed and my project got screwed up. Every script and state for the text101 is there but the canvas stuff is gone. I tried to redo it but then my GameObject had constant error, even though my script never changed. Please help! If nothing works I will just restart everything.

Hi Derek,

First of all, try to open your scene in Unity. Maybe Unity simply loaded its empty default scene.

If there is no scene or if it’s broken. you’ll have to recreate your design. Make sure you assign the relevant scripts to the game objects and the relevant objects to the exposed fields in your Inspector.

For example, your AdventureGame components needs to have a reference (“link”) to the Text object to be able to change the text variable of that Text object. If it does not have a reference, the variable is null, and when you try to access the non-existing properties anyway, you’ll get a NullReferenceException error message.

Your AdventureGame also needs a starting State object assigned.

Thank you so much. Now I can move on with this wonderful course.

I’m glad I was able to help. :slight_smile:

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms