Terrain fails to load on final build

Now that I’m ready to build and ship out my game, I have yet another problem. The terrain is not loading at all inside of my build! It will show up everywhere else, but not in the build. I ensured that the Terrain GameObject is not set to “EditorOnly”. I haven’t found anything on Google or the Unity Forums that can lead me in the right direction.

Where can I start? Any suggestions?

Hi Daniel,

Which version of Unity do you use? Maybe it’s a bug, which was fixed in Unity 2019.1.

1 Like

Hi Nina,

My version is 2018.3.5f1. The documentation states that the issue that is fixed is not reproducible in Edge. I tried Edge and lo and behold, it worked! I am installing 2019.1.0b4 beta now based on this discovery. I’m using Unity Hub, so no problem if I don’t like it otherwise. :slight_smile:

Note that this morning I had planned on trying deep troubleshooting like testing a console build/ new game and new terrain then build, all sorts of stuff. You’ve saved me many hours of work. Thank you so much.

Thank you again for your help!

You are welcome. I’m always glad when a solution is simple. :wink:

I’m not entirely sure what you want to express, so please forgive me if I misunderstood you. Refrain from changing the Unity version while you are developing your game because this could break your project or cause unexpected issues. Downgrading is usually a bad idea. Make backups of your project.

Right, I usually do maintain backups and forks with Git. Thanks Nina!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms