Terrain editing takes around 40 minutes!

Hello, I just started the rail shooter project and I am trying to set up my terrain. But wheneveer I edit something at the bottom right corner says baking and it takes around 40 minutes. Why is it so slow and how can I speed it up?

Thank you

Disableing auto light generation speed up my progress but now i don’t have light in my scene and can’t edit the terrain with the light. When I try to generate light myself from the light settings it again takes around 40 minutes. Is this maybe because I don’t have a gpu on my computer? last project worked fine though…

Hi,

You do have a gpu. Otherwise, you would not see anything. However, if you have a very old or weak one, it can take up a lot of time to generate the lighting and everything that is usually calculated with a GPU.

Do you have a lot of light sources and vertices in your scene compared to your last project?

No I don’t have a lot in my project, just a 1000x1000 terrain that we build at the start of the project and I didn’t add any extra light source. And I thought some laptops come without a gpu and the cpu does the calculations that would normally be assigned to the gpu.

I’m pretty sure your laptop has got a GPU. A 1000 x 1000 terrain is a lot to calculate.

Did disabling the auto lighting work? You may just want to calculate it on occasion when you can leave it to run.

This topic was automatically closed after 14 days. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms