TEKKNO PIDGEON: The Game

Finally, after a lot of work and a lot of time spent wrestling with technology, it is done.

Splash

My game made for Section 4 of the Unity 3D course is now ready.

I’ve done some things that are not in the course, like adding custom 3D models that I downloaded from the Internet (all of them are free to use) and making hit sound effects for particle collision (why does it have to be so complicated for particles?!)

I worked in a different and quite unstable version of Unity, so quite some time was spent not on actual work, but on wrestling with bugs and version differences. I really had to do some digging to fix some of the issues. I also accidentally deleted the thing a couple of times in the early stages, so that also affected the time I spent working on it.

It’s a rather barebones game with fewer features and less content than I usually try to put into a game made in this course, but I guess it’s alright considering the problems I had. Still, I had much bigger plans, but it is what it is.

The song is Tekkno Pidgeon by Vargskelethor Joel

6 Likes

I loved your game! It is the one I enjoyed the most from the ones I’ve played in this section. The theme is great, and I really laughed when I heard pidgeon sounds here and there haha. Also, I want to add that controls work very smoothly and it was a lot of fun to play. Great job man! Keep it up :)!

1 Like

Oh, thank you! I apologize for taking so long to react: my inbox is a mess and I simply wasn’t expecting a response after so long. Regardless, I really appreciate your feedback and hopefully will get back into making games soon! Cheers!

This was actually really fun to play, I didn’t read your full description when I started playing so I was just thinking the whole time, is this vinesauce’s voice, and yes it was. But I really enjoyed it, it’s short but challenging enough to keep you in and wanting to beat it, and your level design, very weird but I like it. Overall, cream pidgeon/10.

Privacy & Terms