Tarnished Steel Effect Lamp (Updated with Animation)

I decided to go for a modern yet slightly rustic looking lamp design with a tarnished steel effect. This is what it looks like so far:

Adjusted the lighting in the scene after the tips in the ‘Lamps vs Emissive Materials in Cycles’ lecture.

And here’s my little animation of the lamp encountering the white knight from my chess set. Hope you’ll enjoy the video! :slight_smile:

13 Likes

I like your model. '40, '50
Good job.

Thanks :slight_smile: Yeah, it’s a bit of a mixture, 40s, 50s, slightly steampunkesque lol

Nicely done! I really like what you have created here. :slight_smile: Keep up the great work.

Thank you! It’s encouraging to hear! I have just updated the post with my final animation - took a while to get it rigged and rendered, but it was certainly a fun experience. Keep up the great work you too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great animation! I think this section of lectures taught me that animations are not my forte and gives me a great appreciation of animators! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I like your animation especially the knights movements :heart_eyes_cat:. Keep up the good work :+1:

Thank you! Keep up the good work you too :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms