Tanks driving backwards

Noticed a strange thing today; honestly I don’t know how long it’s been present. My tank is built the right way, and I believe my MovementComponent is coded nearly the same, but my ai tanks prefer driving in the OPPOSITE direction of their forward vectors. During runtime it shows their forward vector clearly pointing where it ought to be; anyone have any ideas?

Is your project on github?

No, but I have the BP and C++ stuff here if you want to take a lookC and BP.zip (1.1 MB)

The problem seems to be at least somewhat connected to how the ai tanks are facing the player’s tank initially.

What lecture is this for?

Okay, thanks to Ben showing us how to use LFS on SourceTree I now believe my game is up on GitHub here, if that doesn’t work let me know and I may need to re-upload it (it complained the first time but seemed to upload it all); the problem persists even at the end of the course (lecture 192ish), but I do not recall exactly when I first noticed it.

P.S. I will sometime soon make my GitHub look attractive; for right now it’s bare bones.

You seem to have diverted quite a bit from the course and for whatever reason your tanks aren’t moving for me. I’ll take another look tomorrow.

Yeah, I have no idea.

Did I divert that much? Didn’t think it was that bad, but maybe it was since I’ve been experimenting a lot and trying to do my own solutions whenever possible; thanks anyway.

Though I did notice this is incorrect

If I’m not mistaken this should read roughly -1 in the Y. Not +1

I have the same issue, and it is because of the Left and Right track pointers. I tried swapping them - it worked fine then but I don’t want to have my pointers to point in opposite directions. I just found that out but I’ll write more when I know something

Privacy & Terms