TankArenaShooter - My Version of BattleTanks

The Unreal BattleTank topic gave me so many ideas that I decided to make a new Battle Tank from scratch with some similarities and some changes. I called it Tank Arena Shooter and I just finished the Split-Screen version of it, where 2 players can battle each other in 1 vs 1 fights. I intend to make a multiplayer version of it where 4 or maybe more players can fight each other over the internet.

If you want to try it out, you can download it on itch io for free :smiley:

1 Like

I have played it and I liked what i have seen. :+1:t6:
+You have done a great job with keeping a consistent low-poly styled game,
so the particle effect and the props really match the environment.
+The HUD with the health,ammo and reload has been placed in a very creative place
+When you ride over the grass you leave traces behind that’s also a cool detail.
+What I also noticed was that you also made interactive props like bomb on the ground and the flying fire extinguisher.

-Something i noticed when i played the TestLevel, the barrel was going crazy left to right. And it was impossible to aim. I recorded it if you can’t figure out what i mean i can send.

1 Like

Thank you for the feedback :slight_smile:
I have never encountered that problem before… I will look into it. The video would be a great help :+1:

It could be a framerate issue. Try to disable the trail system in the options menu (is not very performant at the moment) and maybe go down to high or medium settings, just to try out if it fixes the problem. :wink:

ye disabling trail system stopped the issue

1 Like

Awesome sauce!

I worked quite a lot on the game for the past months and I am close to releasing it on itch io. I decided to go with a Single Player wave-based survival, instead of the multiplayer. It is called Blazing Steel :smiley:

Devlog of Blazing Steel

Gameplay from the most recent update.

That is how it looks now :wink:

I released the game on itch.io for free :smiley:

Blazing Steel

A big thanks to gamedev tv and their Udemy course for making the Unreal Engine so accessible and fun to play with :pray:
And I appreciate all the feedback I can get :wink:
Have fun and enjoy :+1:

ReleaseGIF

2 Likes

That’s pretty cool. I like games where I can blow up things!:smile:

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:

The game looks amazing! With the particles and environment shading, I’ve noticed they’re a bit blocky. Obviously it’s the art style and I don’t mean to criticise, but I’m wondering, especially for the particles, how you made the embers from the blasts all cube-y like that?

1 Like

Thank you :smiley:
The square particles are actually like the base form for particles. I don´t use any sprites for my particles systems, just color and that is why they are all squares :wink: I hope that helps :+1:

1 Like

This is really nice. You really did a lot with this :slight_smile:

It looks like you got some kind of engine sound working with the tank, maybe with some pitch change as you accelerate/brake? Any tips on how to do that?

I’m going to have to look into some ideas on how to do that cool tread imprint effect.

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile:

I made an engine sound component for the tank. Each tick the component checks the linear and angular velocity of the tank and changes the pitch of the looping engine sound accordingly. I use 2 float curves to get the final pitch for the sound. The input for the 2 float curves is the linear and angular velocity and I always use the bigger output as pitch. :+1:

Here is a link for the tread imprint.

I hope that helps :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you for that information. It certainly points me in the right direction. I think that link is going to be pretty useful as well.

1 Like

Glad I could help :pray:

Privacy & Terms