Take Two on the Low Poly Dino

Second time going through this course, and I feel a lot better about the low poly modeling this time. I think last time I got too caught up/overwhelmed with the UI and controls, and didn’t realize how much actual artistic talent is also needed. Thought I could just copy the movements and get a great Dino, but that just wasn’t the case.
This time though I had a much better grasp how to move things around to get what I want, a better understanding of the process and more reasonable expectations of my own abilities, and I think it turned out much better. Probably going to try modeling some other animals to try and help cement the skills.

Thanks Grant and team for the great lesson and all the encouragement and support!

5 Likes

Yes, all true!
In the beginning, after the first lessons, you think you can do anything and create high-end illustrations. But the learning path of Blendr is long and never ends … unfortunately.

Doing a project again with new knowledge and understanding is a good thing. Do many small projects, build on what you know, and add new techniques. Or try something new. Focus on what you like the most, to keep you motivated.

have fun!

If I had a nickel for everytime I’ve given up at Blender because it’s just been too complex for me? I still wouldn’t have much money but I could probably buy a gumball LOL.

What matters is that you’re still here, still trying, and with some fantastic dino renders at that!! These look great! I’ll bet if you could go back in time and show these to you from when you first started you’d be shocked. You’ve got this! If you run into a roadblock, this community is so great and eager to help. Please keep it up! I can’t say it will get easier, but nothing does when you’re pushing yourself consistently. Keep making, keep posting, and someday you’ll look back on this post and be shocked how far you’ve come.

Again, great work on these!

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms