Tag Cooldown from video actually doesnt work

I noticed that the AI does not fire at the requested cooldown rate when moving to the player in the video. It appears to be working at the end of his video… But if he tested it further he might find that when the AI is walking the firing intervals do not work as commanded… Unless it is a fluke bug in my version, despite it looking identical to the video. I actually notice eventually the AI stops fireing all together while moving to player as though they are out of ammo.

I also just noticed that when the AI is at the player location, he shoots his 3 shots as fast as possible disregarding the wait node. Meaning my behavior is different then in the video. This is very odd.

^AI disreguards 1 second wait, and also doesnt obey the cooldown in next to the move to node, behaving at random until not firing at all

Actually I just noticed the AI is only allowed to fire a burst once while moving to a player.

Yes, I noticed the same. The AI doesn’t fire at the same rate when walking and the Wait node is simply being skipped. It may be a bug, but what worked for me to at least make the shooting paused, was to switch the place of the Shoot node and the Wait node beneath the Loop sequence. Still trying to figure out the reason behind this strange behavior. :thinking:

1 Like

@DanM someone else has this problem too! Burst fire not working.

I havn’t solved this problem yet Sarahi cuz I finished the course with this problem, then moved onto the modeling course : :scream::grimacing::japanese_goblin:

:chipmunk: squirrels are fun I hand feed them in my yard

hmm you made it wait first before shoot, and it fixed it after you did this? So does it work for you as intended then?

I’m sure I would have tried every possibility when debugging this. :thinking:

Yes, exactly, first Wait and then Shoot… and it works as intended. :chipmunk:

1 Like

Aw, I’m actually disappointed then. This problem drove me crazy! Still not sure the cause.

Well seeing how you had this issue back in July 2017 and today is March 21, 2018… I doubt they care to fix it. This is the second lecture in a row that has issues and I don’t want to spend another day trying to fix this behavior tree when it clearly has a lot more issues than just the firing. Would rather spend that day rebuilding it with the help of some free YouTube videos. Also… the course is supposed to be C++ and so far for S05_TestingGrounds we’ve created ONE class. Come on man… If I hadn’t got the course on sale, I’d be asking for my money back. Feel really bad for the people who dropped $200 on a half-baked course that they don’t even keep up-to-date or maintain.

Having same issue. Even adding Set Tag Cooldowns didn’t seem to help.

Privacy & Terms