Syntax highlighting issues again

ik many other users are having this same issue. but i have spent some time looking into it. i have tried the following

• Update .net to latest (6.0.0)
  • Delete both .net 5.0.0 and 6.0.0
  • install visual studio code (with the same extensions)

None of the above see to make the auto complete work. I have tried to make my vsc as close to Rick’s as i can without the github component with no luck. Any help welcome as i would love to get intillisense working again

Hi @ath0rus,

Please check the console of VS Code (not Unity!). If the .NET Framework 4.7.1 (Developer Pack) is mentioned there, download and install it from the official Microsoft. Here is the link: https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet-framework/net471

Unless something has changed in the past few days, Unity does not work with the .NET Framework 6.0 yet.

1 Like

I have tried to install 4.7.1 but i always get this error regardless of what version is installed (or if there is none).

So after some playing around i found that you need to install the developer sdk not the runtime.
.NET 4.7.1 website
.NET 4.7.1 auto download

While this did fix some issues i am still not getting the suggestions as rick is (like below)

Edit after latest comment: sometimes i require to add using System to the very top to fix the issue (note for others with the same issue)

IntelliSense seems to be working. What did you expect to see?

There are more suggestions here:

initially it was not working fully. but i have found that adding using System at the top can fix the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms