Syntax Errors and WebGL Build has no Sound?

I’m trying to determine should I just delete theses warnings I receive after building the game for WebGL? I provide a video web URL link and a video discussing my warnings

https://www.dmmsdi.com/prweb/index.html

https://www.dmmsdi.com/images/Adobe%20Premiere%20Pro%20Auto-Save/nosoundwebbuild.mp4

Hi,

Regarding this warnings;

All of these are related to issues within the Standard Assets scripts that you have imported. These are only warnings so at the moment they are not preventing anything from working/running.

Whether to delete the scripts or not needs a little bit of careful consideration, as several of the scripts within the Standard Assets are related to each other, so if you just arbitrarily delete one, another script may then throw an error rather than a warning, which will prevent your game from running.

It is fairly straight forward to correct these issues with the Standard Assets if you would prefer to do that, at the same time you could determine which, if any, you are actually using. I did provide instructions to another student with regards to correcting these warnings, it was quite a lengthy response so I don’t really want to go through it all again, you can see it here;

I respond to a few other things but if you look under the “Some Other Observations” section you should recognise the same warnings as you have.

These won’t however be the issue with regards to your audio, that will be something else.

Happy to take a look at your project again if you want some help diagnosing the audio issues.

Rob, Thank you for your quick response I will walk through each step to fix these warnings. How can I share my portal reign files so that you can look over them concerning the sound? can I send a zip file through Gmail to you I think it’s going to be to larger for here? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi,

You’re very welcome - I like a tidy console myself :slight_smile:

Regarding your project files, there’s nothing more I would like than an email with an attachment of a few hundred MB in my inbox :wink:

Joking aside, you can zip your project files up and then share them on the forum, there is a 10MB limit for uploads, but if you use a service such as Google Drive / Dropbox or similar, you can then just copy/paste the URL into your post and I will be able to download the zip file.

Please make sure that your file is made public so that I can access it without having to jump through any hoops of requesting permission and so forth, thanks :slight_smile:

I hope you can receive the file. Let me know if the dl is successful?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NdhJXpmW74v0G1MhZe4ANU1ifR-b4BlP/view?usp=sharing

1 Like

Just downloading your project now.

Incidentally, do you have a lot of assets in your project that you are not using? I note it’s a 3.1Gb download, and as the max upload on ShareMyGame.com is 100Mb, even after some compressing, I’m guessing there’s a lot of stuff in your working directory you are perhaps not using?

Just thought I’d mention it as you may find it more streamlined if you drop what you don’t need etc.

I will post back after having a look at the project and running a build. :slight_smile:

Sorry, about the large files & Thank you for your assistance I just update Unity to 2018.3.0 maybe that’s the issue with the sound I was using 2018.2.1 and I was being asked to update by Unity I currently building the game for WebGL with Unity updated :slight_smile:

I’m still downloading your file… 2.1GB so far… and counting… slowly… :slight_smile:

I’m so sorry if I wasn’t building the game now I would try to send you another smaller file :frowning:

No worries, it’ll get there… as long as no one uses the microwave I will be fine! :smiley:

lol

It finished downloading, it’s been scanned and unzipped, I will now open in Unity… will respond in due course.

Thank you pal.

1 Like

I fixed it was I needed to update Unity but Please look over my work let me know what I can fix its always good to have another game designer look over my work. Thank you :slight_smile:

https://www.dmmsdi.com/prweb/index.html

I’m having to install the WebGL component at the moment, I had actually removed it from the old 2018.2 builds I have installed only the other day, ironically.

I am surprised that an upgrade to Unity fixed the sound issue, that sounds suspect to me, but, if it’s working then that’s great. :slight_smile:

Updated Tue Dec 18 2018 21:55

Are you sure you have a successful, error free, buiild there? That link you have in your last post just throws an exception when I run it.

What happens when you run it? bummer! it works on my end I actually upload the game to my server what browser are you using?

There are no errors only warningS from the standard asset pack.

I’m using Chrome, and am presented with this;

Lots of errors in the browser’s console, but none of them are really of use as it isn’t a development build.

I very confused now, I run it on chrome and it work fine for me in fact on all browser Firefox and Edge. Did you try other browsers it could be my server go daddy. please try other browser so I can report to them?

It could be a caching issue on Chrome, I may still have remainders of one of your previous builds lurking.

I’ve tried it on Edge, it loads, eventually - but that’s Edge for you - I have to say though, it plays pretty badly - again, could be edge - but the controls are terribly laggy.

Privacy & Terms