Sword not moving with hand

in play mode I’ve gone and got it into about the correct spot and copied the transform and applied to prefab but I can’t for the life of me figure out why the sword is not moving with the character, they aren’t set to static.

Nevermind. The Synty assets are just weird. I had to go under root and attach it there instead of at the mesh area.

As a rule of thumb, all character models, Synty or otherwise will have two components… one is the model (in the case of the Synty models, there will be many models and some are turned on or off to achieve the final character), and the other is a tree commonly referred to as the skeleton.
The model(s) vertices are bound to the skeleton, so as the skeleton moves, the model moves, but even with the Synty models, the transforms of the models aren’t moving, the Renderer sends the deformation data every frame to the video card.
The skeleton is generally invisible, but if you were to put a Gizmo on each bone, you’d see the bones moving through the scene. We can child anything we want to elements of the root and they’ll move in the scene just as if they were actually attached to the model. For our weapons to work properly, they should generally be attached to the skeleton, not the model.

1 Like

Yeah I guess I shouldn’t have said that they are weird. More like I got confused haha.

That’s ok, I just wanted to make sure everything was clear (so I wrote two muddy paragraphs, LOL).

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms