Sunset SMASH!

In this edition of Composers Learn to Code

My Block Breaker game combines two things I really love - games, and taking pictures of the sky.

I decided to add music (since that’s where I live) and figured out how to keep the music going between levels which I’m pretty proud of since I’m still very much a newbie at the whole code thing. :smiley:

Here’s my game! Please feel free to take a look. I’d love to hear any feedback you folks have.

http://www.sharemygame.com/share/eb03fef6-8098-4afa-b419-6c63e78f51a8

Cheers,
-Trace

OMG yes!!!.. this is so what I was hoping to run into … I am an Artist and composer as well!
Im currently working on my block breaker as a children’s game called puppy ball… I’ll link a pic soon
in the mean time… my sound of clouds
My sound cloud profile

Nice!

I played a few times, and here is my feedback:

1. I like the music! I wish I had some ability in the music realm.
  2. ball starts out pretty fast
  3. couldn’t see my score, it’s cutoff at the top of the screen
  4. confetti explosions when a block is destroyed distract from the ball location (maybe it’s because I’m old :smile:)

Overall a really good effort! Good luck on your journey!

• Rob

Awesome! I’ll look for it. :slight_smile: And go listen to some clouds. I have very little up there right now as most of what I’m doing is in NDA-land until things get released, but I love to listen!

Thank you for the feedback! :smile: You’re right about the ball.
I’ll have to look at the score issue. I don’t see well so it could be it was set up to some weird resolution.
The explosions do the same thing to me. When I come back to this later and I know more I’ll do something about that, along with the zany ball speed.

Mine has the same problem with the ball speed. I want it to be challenging, but sometimes I lose after only a block or two!

Good luck with the ventures in progress!

Privacy & Terms