SuggestProjectileVelocity: Anyway of telling default values from docs?

One thing that confused me a little when viewing the docs for SuggestProjectileVelocity was that it doesn’t seem to tell you which parameters have default values:

Or am I missing something there?

Though I do get the default values displayed in VS when mousing over the method name.

If in doubt, read the source code. The online docs are quite lacking in my experience.

Thanks … seems like Unreal could benefit from making all new developer employees spend a couple days improving a section of the docs!

For sure! Their docs are terrible.

Just an aside, really, but if you’re using the Visual Assist tool mentioned a few lectures ago (http://www.wholetomato.com/) then the tooltip gives you really detailed info as you’re writing the code, including the defaults for optional parameters. The free 30 trial is fully functional, and should be long enough to get through the course.
If you’re a student, they have a license for like 50 bucks.

Not in any way associated with the company selling it, just really impressed with how much easier coding Unreal C++ is with this tool. Still using the trial, but I’ll probably spring for it once my 30 days are up. If I could get it to play nice with ReSharper for the things the one has that the other doesn’t, the code would practically write and tidy itself…

Thanks, I’ll give this a go!

Privacy & Terms