Suggestion: Text Based RPG course

I would like to request / Suggest a course dedicated to writing/making a text based rpg with visual studio code (not nessesary but it would be nice) with the full typical rpg elements

if only to make ti more interestign than the simple single screen things you see on youtube, maybe make it in a asp.net core mvc fromat with a UI overlay menu system with a wrapper exe to make it browser independant (though not sure how such a thing would work) though this setup would only appeal to what im currently working on learning im sure you guys know of much better ways to set it up.

as far as content, im a D&D fan so i was hoping that a lack of graphics focus (as far as most games these days go) would allow a deeper development of mechanics and stuff.

In the Complete Unity Developer 1.0 course, there is a Text Adventure game exercise in section 3. You can make it a WebGL build and flesh it out.

dave i dont think you understand what i mean by a rtext based rpg,

and rpg and an adventure are not the same things
adventure is often PART of an rpg but they are nto the same thing

Don’t discredit the fundamentals. Every “Adventure” has its beginnings.

Terminal Hacker in the 2.0 course is also a great starting point. Specifying a language like ASP.NET over using the Unity game engine and porting to a WebGL build (for the most part is browser independent) may make the project more difficult when you could access already existing course content.

Integrating online multiplayer is a much taller order, but you didn’t specify single or multiplayer.

i mianly specified outside fo unity for a “wider scope of capabilities” sort of thing but honestly its up to them how they go about the setup

ooh the 2.0 course was released, i was wondering why there were 2 unity courses now

I would learn either Javascript or Python for this as there are two really good Frameworks for building Text based adventures and MUDs (Multi User Dungeons)

V - For Python Devs - V

V - For JavaScript devs - V

http://ranviermud.com/

Privacy & Terms