Suggestion Needed

I’m a bit stuck on this lecture, I’m not sure what kind of surround to create for my board.

Anyone have a suggestion?

3 Likes

You mean the border of the board?
Or everything else on the scene?

For the border you can do anything really…
Like if you google for “Chess Board” you’ll see that most of them are not really detailed and simply flat… Unless they have a theme or are styled.
Found this site which seams to sell official Staunton you can look for references https://www.officialstaunton.com/collections/chess-sets

For the scene looks like it’s someone’s home and a friend was invited to play chess with… So maybe some drinks and snacks?

Even though not professional play… Maybe a Chess Clock?(which you could make it match your chess board style)

1 Like

Your chess setup looks nice think the only thing is missing is a lamp and timer.

here is a link to some chess board sets and chess pieces

Click Here

1 Like

Chess clock, coffee cup, glass, removed pieces from the board, pillows, table lamp, painting on the wall.
I find the chess pieces, too much the same color.

Yeah, while I really like the lighting it’s going to have to change a bit to bring out the differences in the pieces.

I’m planning a box for storing the pieces once they’re complete (gack anyone got a good velvet material :slight_smile:) and perhaps a couple Cognacs (though I’ll have to work on my liquid materials). But right now, I need to come up with the finishing touches for the board itself. With an underlying theme of “Low-mass, High quality” I’m not sure which way to go.

1 Like

then don’t forget cigars, ashtray … :grinning: Ok, stereotypes … But, enough to have fun.

Finally decided to go with a nice simple Maple Surround

1 Like

Privacy & Terms