"Success" sound not included in Resources

The lesson labeled “Better looking key” promises to include the wav file for the “success” sound asset, but the resources do not include it. I was able to download the uasset for the sound and made it work in my project, but that’s a bit iffy. Can you include the original wav?

Did someone send the OP the resource or something? Surely a missing resource request hasn’t gone unanswered for 3 days, right?

Nope - still missing. But like I said, I was at least able to complete the course using the uasset - just less than ideal.

I’ll flag it up. Sorry I missed this. Do you know the name of the lecture that states to use the sound?

Yeah, as stated in the original post - “Better looking key”

1 Like

The reason why the sounds aren’t in the resources is because Kaan used sounds from the starter content. I’ll edit this post in a moment with instructions to add the starter content but just want to get this out there.

Edit: Instructions time!

From the content browser, you want to click on Add > Add Feature or Content Pack

Next, navigate to the Content tab where your only option should be the starter content. From there click on Add to Project and the starter content will be added.

1 Like

Yeah… not quite. Already had the starter content loaded, it wasn’t in there.

You are correct, I rewatched the video and at 6:45, Kaan imports the asset. You can just use the uasset from the resources link to gitlab - tested this and it works fine. I’ve made a request that the file be attached to resources. You can use your own sound and can probably grab one from freesound.org

Honestly there’s no need for the .wav file itself but I have made the request.

The wav is safer and enduring. When UE 5.(>3) comes out, there’s no guarantee that old uasset files will work, but they will always preserve the wav import functionality. You’re right, you can certainly (at the moment with UE 5.3) complete the course using the uasset (I certainly did), but that’s less than ideal…

I know and Kaan is now aware. He’s going to look at it early next week. There’s also nothing to say you have to use his assets. I tend to go get my own assets just for fun when doing courses. They are provided and given it is a new course, there’s going to be a few quirks like this. It will get sorted so we do appreciate your patience and I know it is also frustrating.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms