Subview is not working at all

Hey there, I am following along this whole course and until now everything was working like a charm and great. But right now I ran into problems and really really really need help, as I can’t find out the reason.

I did the whole Subview Lecture 7 times…I copied each step exactly as shown…but the outcome was : IT SIMPLY DOESNT WORK as it should…the weapon is still clipping and after removing layer 2 from the main player camera, no weapon Is rendered at all…even if the complete SMG is on layer 2 and the subview camera is culling layer 2.

And also i never reach the point where i see 2 weapons at the same time…like at around 6mins in the video…when i finish the lecture and do everything as shown, i have no weapon on screen at all.

please can someone check out my project and let me know what I did wrong.
this course is so cool and I want it to work before I continue.

Here is the project [Github]

please and thank you so much, but im stuck

1 Like

Hey @blackiron,

I was interested in your issue.

Try turning off SSR in your world environment. It seems to interfere with Bram’s use of the subviewport.

2 Likes

Omg, you just did me such a great favor! That was exactly the solution! Yes, SSR is interfering. If I turn it off, everything just works.

I am so happy. Thank you for your help.

I did a little research, and yes, it’s a known issue. See here

I really aprecciate your help. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

You are welcome! I am glad that it helped you.

Great that you found that open Godot issue!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms