Stylized Head (and mouth)

So, here’s my stylized head bust. My reference was Anna (yes, from Frozen) as a child.
There are still many things to tweak, but I am really curious to see how hair is done in Blender, so I’ll continue. What do you guys think about my sculpt?

4 Likes

Looks good to me. But a little strange due to orthographic mode - I can’t really understand what are the proportions :slight_smile: maybe it’s only because I’m not used to it.
Speaking about hairs: if you would use Hair particle system - it is quite a pain to master it, what I can recommend is to separate whatever hair style you have in mind into several pieces and make each of them with separate hair particle instance. If you are going to use curves - it’s much easier to make and understand, but you will get less realistic and more cartoon-style hairs.

2 Likes

Thanks for your comment! I am not quite sure about the proportions either, but mostly because it’s stylized and I am not quite sure how it should look. ^^ I think if I continue to follow the tutorial, the hair particle system will be explained. So I’ll probably try it that way, though I really like a “cartoonish” look ^^ I’ll probably try out both :smiley:

2 Likes

Don’t forget to share your work with us!

1 Like

For me, the eyes are too big. But that’s totally my personal opinion!!
I know, cartoons can have big eyes.
Human eyes (rule of thumb) are one fifth of the head width (frontal).
Your’s less that 1/3 …

1 Like

I think you are right! I checked the reference and though stylized characters do have very big eyes, mine are even bigger ^^ Thanks, didn’t realize!
(I doubt that I’ll change it in this project, but I’ll definitely pay better attention to it the next time I sculpt a head!)

I admire your progress! Wouldn’t you like to vote and participate in weekly challenges? The Blender Collab: Week 28 “Will you go to the Ball?”

2 Likes

Sure, I could try sometime :slight_smile:

So, I took your guys advice (I think) and here’s my progress:

Privacy & Terms