Stumbling Lamp

Finally got around to finish the lamp part of this course :wink: Really got back into Blender with the 3.0 release. Really liking the performance gains that the Cycles X update brings there. Makes this part of the course much more fun than earlier when working with Cycles was always a bit of a pain.

My idea for this animation was of course the Pixar intro. But here the object that’s jumped on doesn’t really cooperate, resulting in a bit of a mishap :wink:

https://youtu.be/5f3z6XT5Z-Y

I really learned a lot during this course. One important bit that I found out way too late was that I mispaced the origin of the ball at the bottom instead of the center. This made animating it much more of a hassle than it should have been.

2 Likes

Hey dadriel,

lovely animation!

If you do another, i would definitly look into jump Physics. It looks really floaty, as if it jumps on water. Make the jumps quicker and it looks much more refined!

Yes, you are absoluty right of course. I tried to speed it up by scaling the keyframes in the timeline so everythings runs a bit faster, but that totally didn’t work out in the end. So after already spending quite a bit of time fiddling with the graphs I will leave it like this for now and move on to other projects :slight_smile:

Welcome back. Great clip.

Privacy & Terms