Stuck, again

Hello everybody,

Ok one more time i am stuck, since the lecture Throwing and Detection | GameDev.tv i got a problem with detection of my stone on the ground. I thought that would be solve later but not … Explanation of my problems :

1 problem : When i throw the stone, it doesnt go like in the course, mine goes in the opposite direction (behind me) and so it throws straight instead of throwing like a jump and fall.

2 problem : When i throw the stone near to the ennemy (very small area), he did detect my stone just one time but very close to him only, and its impossible to find where to make the hearing perimeter larger. But now it doesnt hear anything.

3 problem : In this lecture Hearing Perception | GameDev.tv it is impossible to continue because the enemy doesnt reconize the sound event if i followed the course completely. Even when i use the debug messages where i can find AI perimeters for sight etc. when i throw a rock close to the AI, it doesnt detect my rock location.

Some screenshots here :

You can see the video that i made to show you the problem of hearing : https://we.tl/t-mMVmpHSzGJ

For #1: Can you show me your code for throwing the rock?

For #2: For configuring hearing range, you can do so by changing the value of hearing range in the details panel of the AIPerception component under Senses Config, specifically the array element that contains your AI Hearing Config. You also have Max Noise Range and Loudness in your rock blueprint to also help configure hearing detection.

Privacy & Terms