Strange situation

Hello, I dunno what happened but I noticed just now this.
How can I fix this belt buckle? :open_mouth: :frowning:
Thanks

1 Like

It looks like your UVs are overlapping. What I believe is the belt needs its UVs moving to a space on the image.

Close ups like these are helpful but full screenshots have more info available in them often.

General Q&A note
Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
Also, include the lecture time and name/number that is relevant to the problem/issue.
The screenshot can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left hand side.
On that menu drop down is ‘save screenshot’.
Close ups additionally where they help.

1 Like

Hello, the lecture where I noticed the problem is The Belt Buckle & Drawstring.
Should I simply move the UV away and the proceed with the texture painting?
Thanks a lot

1 Like

Yes but you may want to unwrap them as it looks like they had no seams.

1 Like

It should have seams actually. Can I unwrap safely without losing the current painting job on other parts? Thanks a lot

1 Like

Yes, you can unwrap safely, but you need to unwrap only the buckle. So, unwrap will… well unwrap selected mesh. If you select entire mesh it wont be good. So remember to select the buckle only and you are good to go.

3 Likes

As Medial said only the belt and buckle.
You will then probably have to scale the UVs it makes down, and there looks good open space there to put them in.

2 Likes

In a previous message, you wrote about a smart idea to make the belt buckle. A mirror over a mirror. I think your mirror option contains the merge on the mirror ax option.
Merging the mesh but also the UV-map.

If you have merged to mirror into a single mesh then it’s difficult to solve.
If mirror modifier still active, then check the object.

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

Honestly I do not remember to have talked about it, but I had to change the belt buckle because my pc couldn’t manage the curve I made.

1 Like

Thank you all, I think I managed.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms