Strange Edge Collider Issue (Giff explained)

Well ! it’s solved the problem ! only thing wrong now is that his head/body sinks under the EdgeCollider a little if he falls upside down but im sure I can sort that out with a little bit of tweaking.

Thanks Nina :smiley:

I haven’t noticed that in my case. Did you set “Interpolate” to “Interpolate”?

no i shall do that now hang on

Interpolate makes no difference on my Imac Nina hmmm

I will make a Giff of how he’s behaving now. Much better that the delay happens before he resets though. That was the main problem.

ezgif.com-gif-maker(2)

:sweat_smile:

Would it be a good idea to attach an extra colldier to his body like i did before. I suppose I could a put the surface effector to sleep for the delay duration ? To prevent Barry from moving along that way after the trigger which looks rather strange.

That’s how it also looked in my case. The gif looks fine to me. (Or rather: It looks as expected. :wink: )

yeh maybe i’m being to nit picky lol i think Rick just got lucky it looked that way

thanks Nina :smiley: I think i will add the polygon collider to his body to stop him going under the ice see how that looks.

In a later video, his Barry suddenly moves in the snow, too. That’s why I wrote “as expected”. Feel free to modify the colliders until you are happy with the result. :slight_smile:

Yes Ricks game is obviously going to be different in design where the ground is concerned and Barry fell slightly differently in Ricks example i understand.

I really appreciate your help here Nina as would like to make something out of this. I’m thinking of making it into a Hoverboard Cyberpunk game.

That sounds awesome! :slight_smile:

I would suggest to complete the game “as it is” first, then redesign and refine it. This way, you won’t have to worry about getting stuck in the course.

Yes quite right Nina

Didn’t you add a courotine earlier to delay the level restarting? You could decrease the time so that doesn’t happen for too long. Another thing you could do is to set the isTrigger bool of the collider to False inside the OnTriggerEnter event, before the restart level code. That will turn it into a normal collider again and probably prevent Barry from sinking into the snow.

Let me know if it works if you want to try it out.

i changed back to invoke. isTrigger bool sounds like a good plan i will try that thanks

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms