Strange Behavior when dragging the shopper in my map

Hello Everyone.
I built a shopper like in the shop course chapter 10 with enemy variant.
the Transform component is set to 0 for position and rotation, and 1 for scale.
It has a capsule collider copying from enemy build.
But when I drag it in the floor (with fresh navmesh bake) its Y position is to 0…
I precise my floor is set to around 200 to be able to build river and others stuffs.
The shopper only lies on floor where Navmesh is not blue :

I admit it spends a lot of time I haven’t tweak the terrain but I don’t remeber this kind of behavior.
Any Idea?
Thanks
François

If your shopper doesn’t need to move, then it’s a good idea to go ahead and remove the NavMesh. If not, still head into the NavMeshAgent and adjust the base offset to ensure that it’s exactly at the character’s feet. In fact, in TPose, it may not hurt to put that NavMeshAgent Offset so it’s just a little above the base of the character’s feet (but not above his toes).

The same principle will apply with the Collider. Adjust it so it’s just into the base of the feet.
With both of these, try doing it in Prefab mode with screen in 2d mode, so you can see the lines of the base and the feet and get the best feel for it.

Hello Brian.
I noticed if I put them manually on the floor and launch the game, everything goes fine.
They don’t fall under the map.
I made another terrain in the same scene, put quickly some relief and applied a nav mesh surface component and I’m able to put my NPC directly on the floor.
So don’t worry, it’s a prototype scene. It’ll make the job until I finished the Shop tutorial.
Thanks again for your reply.
François

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms