Stranded asset script won't show up on add component

So I was happily going though the course until when I was on (84. Unity Waypoint Utility scripts).
I’m working on the 2019 version of Unity and when I added (Standard Assets (for Unity 2017.3) ), the scripts wouldn’t show up on get component. Instead it just showed the Can’t add script pop up, saying that the script class can’t be found and that I should make sure there are no compile errors and that the file name and the class name are the same.

// EDIT
Now play-mode won’t even run, saying that I have to fix all the compiler errors first.
I tried to delete everything in the stranded asset pack but it still won’t play.
I’ve perfectly copied every thing from the course up to this point and now I’m completely stuck.

Hi,

Welcome to our community. First of all, where did you get the assets package from? Secondly, did you import more than the packages we need?

What do the error messages say? If they just say replace GUIText with UI.Text, double click on them and do what they suggested.

I got it from the asset store in the unity program.
I got the original link which lead to the asset store website from the lecture I was doing.
(Complete C# Unity Developer 3D: Learn to Code Making Games)
They told me to import everything so I did and now it won’t work.
It says that error must be corrected but I check and there were no error that were detected.
Here’s some screenshots.

Double click on the error messages in your console and do what they say. That should hopefully fix the issue.

I tried to fix it but I’m not that fare in the course yet but right now I have made it work again by deleting the script that was having a problem.
Seems to be working now, thanks for the help anyway.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms