Still no Orc, but with Alphas

… so I thought of calling this phase of the dragon’s evolution
The incredible ALPHA-DRORC!

We are openminded to other titles you may suggest.

4 Likes

Good progress. Got orc crusty bits no dragon heritage scales?

1 Like

Thanks!
Yeah, since we are not entirely sure yet if it is an orc or not, it has some orcish scales…
Ok, seriously now, I tried some different alphas, including different snakeskins and other scales. All of those looked good on some parts but somehow the entire dragon coverd in snakescales seemed to boring to me, so I decided to combine quite a few (you can see at least six or seven different scaletypes on the dragon).
The shins, chest, rear back and the tail are dominated by some spinescales which are in a very light form also on the toes. The all over base is some desertlike reptile skin, the big orcish scales are not only on the shoulder and upper leg parts, but in lesser strength used as scalecontrast between the tail segments or on the jaw. I should have taken at least two pictures, because some scales are not that good to see from this viewpoint; it just seemed like a good overview to me :thinking:

So I quickly took a closer pic of the head which shows some more detail and different scale-types :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

Looks really good close up!

2 Likes

Thanks again!
I’ll se how it turns out after retopo and baking… first time for me to use the baking functions, so let’s see what the Drorc will look like after it’s treatment.

1 Like

its a dragon or ork

1 Like

Hi Nemsith,
the most probable explaination is that the Drorc is actually a wingless quadrupedal dragon which was adopted by a tribe of grassland orcs. It was found as a hatchling and has no more memories to this time, but much like a goose it was primed to the first face it saw, that of an orc. By this it identified itself as an orc and grew to a fully accepted member of the grassland orc tribe.
Well, nature is full of wonders :dragon_face: :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms