Statue, Table, and Chair Collide/Rotate Immediately on Play

I’m using Unreal 5.0.2 and when I enable physics for the statue, the chair, and/or the table they immediately spin and fall over when I start the scene. This happens before the object I put in the scene has a chance to collide with them. I think that these objects are interacting with the floor or each other, but I noticed that in the lecture video this didn’t happen. Has anyone else seen this or found a way to deal with it? The only thing I tried that worked was to move the objects up slightly so that they weren’t touching the floor or each other.

Thanks for any help!

3 Likes

Where do you have them start? Could you show a screenshot?

Hi Dan, thanks for the reply!

First, I started a completely new project to try and test this out and still have the same issue. Using the Minimal_Default map without changing the positions of any objects, I enabled the ‘Simulate Physics’ option for the table and the statue and then hit Play. The same spinning and falling over happened for those two objects. I’ve attached two screen shots showing the objects’ positions. I’ll try to do some more digging but please let me know if you notice anything that may be off with my setup.

They are colliding. If you Show > Collisions (Alt + C) then you will see them overlapping.

3 Likes

Ah okay that makes sense – thanks so much for the help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms