Statue can fall through floor?

I’m using the “statue hooded metal” asset. I’ve noticed when I “throw” my statue around and it happens to land feet first on the SM_Floor, the statue will often fall through the floor. It works normally otherwise.

I’ve experimented with adjusting everything physics-related: sleep times, sleep family, custom stabilisation thresholds, p.Chaos.Solver.SleepEnabled 0, adding solver iterations, toggling CCD, trace complex on move, etc, but nothing seems to fix it and it’ll always eventually fall through the floor when landing feet-first.

Why?? Is there a way I can prevent or work around this? Maybe I missed a setting in the video?

I saw the same issue but was able to fix it by enabling CCD. Odd that you are still seeing it after enabling it as you indicated. I also scaled that statue up a bit because the default mesh is really small. Did you scale yours at all? If so to what value?

You could also try adding a simple box collision around the feet, although when I tried moving or scaling the box, UE5 slowed down to a crawl for some reason… :roll_eyes:

CCD did make the issue far less likely, but after throwing it around for a while it eventually happened again: went through the floor after rebounding off bars in the cell walls.
I didn’t scale my statue up, left it as-is.

If it’s small enough you could try using a simpler collision shape, or you could try regenerating the auto convex collision with different settings. You can also add whatever shapes you want and move them around until you find something that works.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms