Static sprite image after following instructions

Hi,

Since following the instructions to re order to parent-child relationships I am having an issue where the still placeholder sprite attached to the sprite renderer is instantiated along with the game object, and lingering with it.

This is probably a really stupid error on my part but I can’t seem to figure out what I am doing wrong.

There is also a large delay now between the jump and the walk animation.

I am using the latest (as of a few weeks ago) version of unity.

[EDIT] I have also just noticed that when I try and add a property for the child “body” in the animation window of the parent object, I cant see the property in the parents animator window- it rather only exists in the child.

Hi,

What do you mean by “static sprite image”? Could you share a screenshot?

Regarding the delay, check the animations. Maybe there are superfluous keyframes. Also make sure that the Transition Duration(s) value in the Animator is set to 0. Click on the arrows between the animation states.

Thanks for the reply- I just wanted to clear up what was wrong incase someone else has the problem…

In the tutorial video, when the parent is selected and a property is added for the sprite renderer of the child- for me there was no information shown about this animation event in the parent animation screen (in the video it appears that the property is shown in the parent for the child also), only in the child animation window. I must have got confused along the way and had the wrong object selected.

There were also indeed superfluous keyframes- again this had to do with me adding stuff to the incorrect level of the game object.

Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms