Static bowling scene

I know, it’s not a strike.

1 Like

Eevee shadows. I could not get any indirect lighting, and areas, which do not receive any direct light from the two spots above, are black. For the same reason I had to add a distant light shining at the scene, otherwise the frame is also black.

4 Likes

Models look good and the scene too, even if you found the lighting hard.
Lights are highly controllable in Blender but take some getting used to. But having a black world the scene is not getting any environmental light so needs that distant light. Play with the light types, a sun is not the same as a point light.

3 Likes

Eevee is a very specific render engine. The defaults have all fun stuff turned off. To make Eevee a fast renderer. You could study a bit more about Eevee settings.

1 Like

Eevee can create nice illusions, but in the course it was shown that correct settings for the shadows were highly viewpoint dependent. With wide angle optics, I imagine that it can be difficult to get the settings right everywhere.

Now here is my quiz:

Comparing this Cycles render of a physics-animated bowling shot with the one above, what was really wrong with textures before ?

1 Like

I would say floor reflection. But I don’t find this a big issue. Especially when animating, people won’t see it.

Privacy & Terms