Start menu level displaying aiming dot

Hi Everyone ,

I was creating a the main menu from section 4 (lecture 117) and I’m facing a problem loading the widget.
When I click on play for the MainMenu level, it displays a black screen with the aiming dot instead of the mainmenu widget. Can anyone help me out with this please?

Thanks,
Arjun

3 Likes

I found out what was causing the problem. My game mode class was inherited from GameModeBase instead of GameMode. I still don’t understand why that caused it to fail though.

2 Likes

I’m also getting this issue. You’re correct about the fix—you just need to change game modes. But I don’t understand how often we should be changing game modes. Can we assign a game mode for each level? It’s still unclear for me. Hopefully subsequent lectures deal with this (or I figure it out with time).

1 Like

I have the same problem. I see both UIs in my main menu map. I see the main menu UI and the aim point UI from the game map. This is because in the project settings -> Maps & Modes, the default GameMode is the BattleTankGameMode.

Is there a way to have a different Game Mode for every map ?

1 Like

I figured it out… when we did the level override for making a game mode blue print, there’s also a project override setting. The project should just stay as Game Mode, but the level should be BattleTankGameMode_BP

4 Likes

Hi Darren, thanks a lot of the help.
I fixed the GameMode Override setting in the MainMenu level -> World Settings -> Game Mode
and it works perfectly now.

Thanks again.

5 Likes

Yeah, thank you as well! This fixed my issue! I was changing the Projekt settings to have my newly created Level_BP as default (as is done in previous sections Escape game in the remastered course). Worked for the tank aiming point. But the world setting said none at game mode override.
I guess by clicking in the top bar-Blueprints - WorldOverride, GameMode - +Create changes also the world settings (which is different for each level, whereas the project setting is maintained throughout the levels). So I reset the projekt settings, changed the world settings as you described and it worked :slight_smile: Thank you!!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms