Standard Assets Broken and broken my game?

Hi, im not sure what to do.
I have downloaded and imported “Standard Assets” as soon as it did and i did nothing else but press play im hit with a bunch of error messages in the console and the game will not play.
I deleted the “standard Assets” and the game still wont play.
So i deleted all my progress, my entire game folder and i have painstakingly remade it… now im faced with downloading “standard assets” again and i know it will brake my game… i have googled this and im not the only person having the problem, something to do with the aircraft scripts or prefabs or something.
what can i do plz? i really dont want to risk importing and braking my game again, or is there a way to unbrake my game?

Iv made a test. i made a new project and took these screen shots for you.
one is after standard assets has been imported and another after i have removed the standard assets, its still broken :(((

How can there be errors to fix on a totally new blank project after deleting standard assets ? im stuck on the course now and cant move forward.

Check out the fixes listed here from a fellow student regarding Unity’s Standard Assets: https://www.udemy.com/course/unitycourse2/learn/lecture/8467316#questions/11958702

Cool. Thank you very very much, i was looking in the wrong script. but i looked through all the scripts and found the error mention in the post. seems to have fixed the issue.
would have been really great if this was mentioned in the “resources” for the course. would have saved me a lot of time.

Edit, i know someone that works at Unity. iv sent them an email with the fix and i hope that she will forward that on to fix it at the source.

Maybe @Nina (sorry for tagging) can forward this for a small text-lecture update? Although I do think this was mentioned somewhere, correct me if I’m wrong.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms