Standard Assets are no longer available. Suggestions?

As the title says, the assets mentioned in the video are gone, you can’t dl them any more. What’s a good free substitute?

1 Like

The third and first person controllers are now separate assets. They are both on the asset store for free.

1 Like

Do those have the trees that are used in the class: Complete C# Unity Game Developer 3D Online Course (Argon Assault)?

I don’t have that course, so I do not know what trees you mean. The controllers do not come with any trees. Maybe someone else who has the course will know where to get them. The asset store has a lot of trees in free packs. Maybe you could look for something similar.

Yes, I grabbed another free pack. Thanks. I also found out that three very nice trees are included in the Standard Assets.

Hi Paul,

I’m glad you found nice trees for your game. Would you mind sharing a link to them?

The Unity Asset store has got quite a few free assets. You just have to pay attention to the render pipeline required for those assets. Maybe you’ll have to switch the render pipeline in your project to make assets useable. The trees from the Standard Assets are old and need Unity’s built-in render pipeline.

Generally, if you cannot find assets anymore or if you cannot find any (good) alternatives, you could still download them from Rick’s GitHub/Gitlab repository. There is a link in the Resources of almost all videos in this course.

See also:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms