Squiggles error in h file : #include "WorldPositon.generated.h"

I followed the instructions and created a new WorlPosition component . a cpp and h files were automatically generated as expected .

YET I get a Squiggles error on the line:

#include “WorldPositon.generated.h”
What have i done wrong?

see image:

1 Like

Have you followed the VS Code 4.25 bug lecture?

I 'm aware of the VS Code 4.25 bug lecture.
I did not followed the instructions there. Intellissence works just fine. In fact I made no changes anywhere.
THE PROBLEM HAS DISAPPEARED BY ITSELF everything works fine now.

Thanks

Same here dissapered and dissapered again.
{
“resource”: “/D:/Unreal Programs/BuildingEscape/Source/BuildingEscape/WorldPosition.h”,
“owner”: “C/C++”,
“code”: “1696”,
“severity”: 8,
“message”: “#include errors detected. Please update your includePath. Squiggles are disabled for this translation unit (D:\Unreal Programs\BuildingEscape\Source\BuildingEscape\WorldPosition.cpp).”,
“source”: “C/C++”,
“startLineNumber”: 7,
“startColumn”: 1,
“endLineNumber”: 7,
“endColumn”: 37
}

File is there
BUG lecture allso done and changed
“UE_PROJECT_NAME=BuildingEscape”,
“BUILDINGESCAPE_VTABLE=DLLEXPORT_VTABLE”,
“BUILDINGESCAPE_API=”

It is fixed now

This worked for me, hopefully for someone else as well -
Close VS.
In UE4: File-Refresh Visual Studio Project
Reopen VS.

This fixed the squiggly lines I was getting and also fixed the crashing I was getting after adding the #include “GameFramework/Actor.h” file

3 Likes

This worked for my error when VS Code said they could not find the file “WorldPosition.generated.h”

2 Likes

Thanks, File/Refresh Visual Studio Project In UE4 editor fixed it for me as well.

That was going to be my reply. I found that this works often enough.

Also, sometimes you have to wait for VS to “catch up” to your coding. It seems to me that sometimes it has to sit and think before it can link your code to the context of the rest of the code and the UE code/C++ libraries.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms