Spooky korytarz Review

Hello everyone.
This is my spooky corridor. I’m a total novice in Blender, I’ve been working with Sketchup and Vray for a long time, but the comparison with Blender is like heaven and earth and I feel like a teenager again :smiley: I went a bit beyond this stage of the course and started working on PBR materials. The excuse for this was that I couldn’t download the textures on textures.com, but someone helpfully posted a link on the forum to another cool website with materials (polyhaven.com) and described adding these textures in a simple way with wrangler node. I didn’t really like the wall material I obtained because of its repeatability, so I mixed two materials using noise. I had some problems that I didn’t fully solve:

1. Two opposite walls look like they are mirror images and I couldn’t differentiate them, i.e. I moved the UV map of one wall and its appearance changed, but they consist of 2 mixed materials, and one of them still remained unchanged in the same position (or the position of the noise that mixes the maps), so I only varied the walls a little…
  2. Another issue is that I added displacement and one of the walls separated from the floor. I somehow managed it and moved the entire plane of the wall, but I was a bit blind and there is probably a better solution.

This corridor is a very nice topic, it seems very simple, but you can have a lot of fun with it.
In some time, I will probably make another version of the corridor with a minor facelift and make a few modifications, I would need something movable to make the reflections more attractive, some dripping water or a flickering light, I also think that these barrels are a bit too big, although I held them scale that Grant used. I’m not entirely satisfied with the water and the stage lighting. That’s it, greetings to everyone.

7 Likes

nice explanation.

Privacy & Terms