Spooky corridor

Hello,

I ran into a problem with the green glowing liquid I tried to add, when rendering the final scene (Image above is a screen shot from the modeling editor)

The texture image I added was not showing up after rendering.

I tried to adjust a few sliders in the material BSDF and the texture was actually showing if I turned the emission all the way down. Is there a way to fix this?

2 Likes

General Q&A note

Help us all to help you.
Please give full screenshots with any questions. With the relevant panels open.
This can be done by Blender itself, via the ‘Window’ menu bar top left-hand side.
On that menu dropdown is ‘save screenshot’.

• if you think it is a problem in the material editor, show those panels …

The modeling editor version uses a specially prepared version of EEVEE (default) to make the editor response. The render mode depends if you choose Cycles or Eevee (with options switched on/off).

2 Likes

Thanks for the answer

I managed to accomplish the effect I wanted by adding an emission node instead of using the emission in the principled bsdf.

Original material looked like this:

and now looks like this:

Still pretty new to blender so not sure what difference it makes for the final render but it did the trick!

Render now looks like this :hugs:

3 Likes

Nicely done.
Try putting the image map into the emission bdsf socket. Probably be the same result.

2 Likes

Yes indeed that worked as well and looks more tidy thank you.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms