SPIN BOARDING QUEST: ‘Spinny Flips’ - Solutions

Quest: Spin Boarding Quest
Challenge: Spinny Flips

Feel free to share your solutions, ideas and creations below. If you get stuck, you can find some ideas here for completing this challenge.

When I first created this project, I tried one approach for rotating the character manually and it was creating some conflicts with the physics system. I’d try to do a backflip but there was already some momentum from the physics system and it would rotate really slowly or really quickly. Then I changed to a different approach and everything worked well, but my character would really quickly go into a death spin (spinning a million miles an hour). It took me a while to find the right tuning variables and when I did, everything worked as I wanted it to.

So, not a lot of specific solutions in my thoughts above, but wanted to share in case anyone has been having weird bugs with rotation… there are multiple ways to handle this.

Definitely play around with the values here. For my torque variable (can’t remember if this was in the original script… I may have added it to use AddTorque()), I started with a really low value and couldn’t figure out why my player wasn’t turning. :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms