Spider droid with materials

So here it is, i’ve had trouble making it look exactly how i want, so i ended up slapping in a generic steel texture.

Btw, in the course: Blender character creator, i moved past the hard surface modelling ( which is what i like) and got into the character creation part. I managed to make the basic character blockout and got to sculpting. And for now, i think that’s just not my thing. My question is, if i don’t intend to create super cool characters like the ork, can i skip sculpting and jump straight into rigging and animation?

ah yes forgot about this other image:

4 Likes

Spidy is looking good!

Sculpting is hard to get used to. I hated it for ages. But doing the orc did get me more used to it. You can skip any part, but what will you animate if not your own character?

There is heaps to learn or just experience in making the orc, like all the baking of the various maps. Making lower poly topologised versions etc.
If I recall right the animation is mostly just slapping a Miximo thing on it. Never quite seen the point of that myself, orc dancing, ok :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

really like the black one

Yes, as NP5 stated. But knowing something about sculpting isn’t bad.
And if you are thinking sculping is difficult … so is hard surface modeling too!
Wait until, your hard surfaces get more fluid, organic … also hard to do.
Look up artists who does only hard surfaces.

Just follow your heart. What makes you energetic …

1 Like

Privacy & Terms