Spelling errors

I havent seen this brought up but my OCD is going mental with the typo.
Its carried though the last two videos too!

Mine :- OnPossessedTankDeath();
Ben’s :- OnPossedTankDeath();

With all the cutting and pasting that we do in these bits this could cause a mess. I corrected mine thoughout and still made a mess but got there in the end!

1 Like

Noooo… this will go down in history with my “Lose vs Loose” in the Unity course. Because it’s buried in the code history it’s impossible to fix without a re-record, however hopefully people will forgive me!

2 Likes

…irony… :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue: :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

I already did :slight_smile: I make a lot more i just have a lot more room to cover it up!

Indeed, The typo gremlins have migrated from Ben to me :confused:

2 Likes

…isn’t that always the way - the number of times I’ve done that in an email or something :smiley:

The curse is my spelling errors get buried in 100s of hours of work, and tracked by Git!

2 Likes

hehe, does make for a little chuckle from time to time though - “Community Course Spelling Error Spotter” badge idea :wink:

1 Like

lol… w00 h00 - new badge! :smiley:

Granted to @Marc_Carlyon too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

LOL@Rob Better not make a collection of these :wink: although i think @Ben is going to kill me :stuck_out_tongue:

I worked out how to do it in the end but we lost the adding the keyboard controls back in the re-record of the videos (think it was around 172/173 maybe)
Maybe an annotation when they are put in that the student might want to make note how to do this in case they want to put them back in later :slight_smile:

1 Like

hehe, I reckon it’s good to mention these things, even if it’s too late to have the videos re-worked - if there’s a post in the relevant corresponding categories on the forums, other students will benefit from that :slight_smile:

Certainly mention these things! Now I think of it I remember that, I’ll make an edit next week.

Mention everything, even spelling errors I can’t change, I can take it.

2 Likes

Certainly speaking personally, but I would suggest it would be the same for the vast majority of the community you have created @Ben, if anything is ever mentioned it is always with the best of intentions, to help/support etc. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms