Specification for Icons

I have to keep reminding myself that this is a learning exercise. There are just so many possibilities.

I have always been amazed at how fast a child or a teenager can learn a computer game. They are focused and enthusiastic and breeze through the steepest of learning curves. But try to teach them math…

I have some ideas for getting teens uber enthused about learning via mobile gaming. Their teacher/guardian would set the content. The game engineers/artists would create the environment. So I have chosen to make icons with an appeal to both teenagers and school administrator types. (Is that even possible?)

My six binary specs are.

1. 3D
  2. Iconsised
  3. Not symmetric
  4. Rounded
  5. Consistent colour scheme
  6. Appeal to administrators as well as gamers.

Here is an example. I would use a violet background not blue and slightly different content. But the picture should convey the sense of what I hope to achieve. Lots to learn here. Highlighting, gradients, shading etc. I look forward to the challenge. Great course. Thank you for the Android / Apple links.

These Icons are from Mathletics, a program by 3P Learning. (Credit where credit is due.)

1 Like

This was very insightful! I love what you said about kids learning computers are easy but math is a different story. Maybe a great game on math with the visuals from 3P Learning can help keep students interested.

Privacy & Terms