Spawned actor is not movable

Hello,

Even though I use the exact same blueprints as you, and my original BP_Projectile has Simulate Physics turned on, my spawned actor isn’t movable. It is stuck in midair and I get warning that it is not movable, but I can’t figure out why given that it’s spawned from a movable class

Hi and welcome to the community.

There are 2 potential causes here. The first is the mesh is not set to movable in the blueprint. This is the most obvious one and is worth checking. It’s a simple change and easy to miss.

The second is an issue with the Blueprint graph for moving so if you could share a screenshot of the event graph, that would be great.

Thanks.

Hi thanks,

I’ve solved it; the problem was that while I indeed set the item to movable, this was to the specific item only and not to the blueprint as a whole, so new instances were not movable.

To fix this, I clicked on “Edit BP_Projectile” in the “Type” column of the “Outliner” window (left side of screen by default) and then clicked simulate physics

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms