Spawn Point Error - "The selected component is inherited and cannot be ..."

Hi, I can’t place my spawn point to anywhere in BP_PawnTank and BP_PawnTurret, as per the screenshot:

My code snippets for BasePawn class (basically they are no different than presented in the couse:

I have no idea why I cannot place spawn points, as well as edit its variables etc. Any idea? I tried recompiling the code, restarting the project in UE, didn’t work.

Thanks in advance.

That error message suggests you are trying to move it in the components tab i.e. reorder/reparent the component which you can’t do.

The spawn point should be visible in the viewport which you can move.

Thanks Dan

“The spawn point should be visible in the viewport which you can move” - that’s right, the thing is it was not visible there (not only that, also i couldn’t access Details panel for it) , that is why i tried to move it somehow from components area. Funny thing is that works now after i changed the names:

1. From Projectile Spawn Point to Projectile
  2. I also had to change Turret Mesh to TurretMesh

Honestly i am very confused about that and still don’t know what is going on, but at least it works :slight_smile:

That is rather peculiar :confused:. Glad it’s working now though.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms