Spaceship Drawing

Kept it rough, tried to be quicker and use the guides less.

Which I did. Its not the prettyest but not taking an entire night to get through 7mins of lecture video is very
beneficial on a personal level :grinning:

9 Likes

I see a lot of short strokes, as if you draw from the wrist.
While it’s better from the shoulder as instructed by Grant.

BUT! I really like this effect you achieved. Shading colors and then using this short sketch effect.
It’s a fresh art form.

Well done!

2 Likes

Thank you, FedPete.

I still find the drawing tablet a little hard to do big strokes, they go so wobbly. I think its a confidence thing too.

I’m happy that you like the effect though, as I kinda like it, more so now, after what you said.

2 Likes

You should try drawing with pencil and paper as well to practice the shoulder movement. It helps. Cuz when you go back to a digital tablet you’ll get a better feel for it. When I was a kid (30 years ago) I realized that I can draw using that same short stroke technique. When I wanted to start drawing something big like a3 size is when I started using my shoulder more and later in life I noticed I was getting better at it even though I didn’t draw as much until very recently but using a digital tablet it did not feel strange at all except the screen watching but u get used to it. But I have a tablet with screen now and it feels like pen to paper. Just keep on practicing.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms