Spacescape - The first levels of my first game

Hey, this is actually so creative and I’m loving the level design, and also especially the sound effect for crashing and how you handled the the finishing line. I’m actually not really sure how you did that, and it makes a lot more sense to have that rather than needing to nose dive into a platform :stuck_out_tongue:

One very minor thing I did note, on the first level where you start on the glass pod thing, if you land on top of that pod it’ll tilt the ship back or forwards (towards or awy from the screen). That got a bit messy because the ship spun a bit, so A and D rotated either towards or away from the screen - I had a similar problem on mine and ended up having to lock X Y and Z rotation in the rigidbody of the ship.

1 Like

Hey,

thanks a lot, i really appreciate your feedback and it adds to my motivation to keep working on the game! :slight_smile:

I’ll have a look at the rotation, that’s a good tip.

Regarding the finish line, I added a capsule collider to the teleporter pad and resized it (via “Edit Collider”). Then I enabled the “Is Trigger” property, which allows you to clip through the collider.

To react to this in the CollisionHandler, I implemented the method “OnTriggerEnter”. I came across this in the Unity docs after a Google search on how to use the “Is trigger”-Property :slight_smile: (Unity - Scripting API: Collider.OnTriggerEnter(Collider)).

1 Like

Very cool! Great attention to detail!

Privacy & Terms