Sound not turning off when auto firing with R stick push

So I monkeyed around and wanted the gun to fire without having to press the R trigger, just to be always firing when aiming. It seemingly works, but when you stop firing one of the firing sounds just keeps playing. This is just one of the examples of how I wired it up to work. I tried about 3 different ways, including just binding firing the gun to the axes, all with the same effect. The sound should be stopping as I did exactly what the tutorial said and have it to turn the sound off in the Stop Firing function. Have I just found some obscure UE glitch or is there a better way to do this?

Just to make sure, can I see what’s inside Stop Firing Weapon?

It’s worth noting I’ve done some more experimenting and it seems to be triggering something in the Start Firing Weapon Function. I noticed with the stick firing, it was firing at way to high a rate. So I turned loop off on the shot timer and sure enough; R trigger would single fire while moving the stick would do the same frenzied shooting and sound. I’m guessing this has something to do with the sticks polling rate?

That would make some sense. You may also want to add a deadzone to your InputAction/MappingContext for the R Stick as that may be contributing to the issue.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms