Sound Icon turn off

Hi… I cant hear the sound in the game but when I play the sound trak it sound… I have realice that the voumen icon torn off by itself once i press play in the game.
I press it on before to play the game…

It automaticly turn off once I press play…
Sound problem1

I dont know if this is the couse why I cant hear the sound effect.

Hi Jose,

Happy New Year! :slight_smile:

If you press the Play button, you want to hear the sound ‘in the Game window’. I don’t remember if the Sound button gets disabled in the Scene window when you play the game but if you don’t hear any sound anymore, check if the Mute Audio button is clicked in the Game window.

If the Game window is too small, it might be that the Mute Audio button is hidden. In that case, make the Game window larger.

See the screenshot here:

Did this help?

See also:

No it does not solve the issue.
The audio is ok in the game screen but the sound does not hear it…
here is my script i think is ok…

Thank for the help.

BTW Happy New Year!!!

What do you mean by that? If the audio is ok, I would assume that you are able to hear sound. Otherwise, the audio would not be ok, would it?

Have you already tried to add Debug.Logs to your code to figure out if the if-block (lines 16 - 20) gets executed?

Also check the loadDelay value. The AudioSource needs time to play the sound. If a new scene gets loaded (or the same scene gets reloaded), the AudioSource might get stopped. 0.5f translates to 0.5 seconds, which is less than a second.

1 Like

Sorry for my english is not my first lenguage.
I mean the mute icon was ok but not hear the sound.
will try what you told me and i will get back to you.
Thanks for the help.

Hi again. Have been trying what you recomended.
Debug.Log works with no problem, LoadDelay I place it in 1.8 second.
Have work once when I mark on the Play on Awake but not always.

Thanks for the help

It might be that the AudioSource needs a moment to start. Also bear in mind that the game window is just a laggy preview. Since you wrote ‘but not always’, the problem could be caused by the laggy preview.

1.8 seconds might be too short. For testing purposes, assign, for example, 10f (in the Inspector). If the sound gets played, you know that the problem is the value of loadDelay. If the sound gets played only sometimes, the problem might be somewhere else.

With 10f in loadDelay i am able to hear the sound, both finish line and crash. It looks like take too long to reproduce.

How i can fix that?

Tweak the value until you are happy with the result. Alternatively, instead of a hard-coded value for loadDelay, you could use crashSFX.length.

Without doing nothing it change… some time can hear it and some time can not.
I dont understand what you mean about crashSFX.length…

I am new in all this and not too clever… i am reading all the info i can get but is getting too complicate!!

Thanks anyway for your help.

As aforementioned, the game window is just a laggy preview. The lagginess is an inherent problem in the Unity Engine. We cannot solve that. For this reason, use a rather high value for loadDelay.

From what I understood, 10f worked for you. However, that value is fairly high. If you need a lower value, test 5f. If you don’t get the problem there either, test 4f. If you get a problem, test 4.5f. And so on.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms