Soul Reaper

Hey all,

Here is my game for the Text101 assignment.

After centuries of degrading jobs in the depths of hell, you have atoned yourself enough for a small respite and have been assigned your first job on as a Junior Death Reaper. A bomb in a police station resulted in several casualties and it is up to you to collect their souls and decide their fates. Chop chop.

Hope you like it!

Edit: if anyone is interested on the code, you can get it on github

1 Like

Nice work on the story and the UI as well!

Thank you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love that you took the time to make this little project your own.

Here are my final results:
Captura de Pantalla 2020-10-20 a la(s) 20.59.01

Nice concept, it definitely works.
Just one small detail game design wise, it’s actually pretty obvious which souls you should condemned and which ones to reward, you just have to look at their… Aura? There’s no real reason to read their stories.

I really think you could expand on this, make it more "Detective Reaper ", read what everyone has to say and maybe add details on the description of each room to let the player figure it out on it’s own.

Overall, this was one of the best CYOQ project’s I’ve seen.

Hello Yee! Thanks for the kind words :slight_smile:
Yes are correct concerning the design.
On a previous version the text was not that obvious and I had items that could be gathered to get extra knowledge about the people to help make a decision. But this was taking me way too long and I wanted to move forward with the course (I had been at it almost 2 weeks!). But yes yes, you are right
Thank you thank you!

Privacy & Terms