Something wrong blender 4

The lesson is “Baking the orcs body - cavity”. I don’t know why but it doesn’t work properly with the cavity.

2 Likes

This ‘black bits’ problem is common and asked and answered several times in the ask section.

Use the newer factor, (Added since the lecture was made) Extrusion, you can even start tests with Ray Distance set at zero.

Experiment from there for numbers that work with your model.

1 Like

Thank you, I will try. Unfortunetly I cannot see the ask section relative to this lesson.

1 Like

Copying and pasting a below response I’ve provided before. This is one that gets regularly asked again every so often due to the poor organization of the forums. There’s no easy way for new people with this same question to easily find the information, so I don’t blame you! Thanks for asking to get it back in the limelight :slight_smile:

Hey there! Below are some really helpful links from the gamedev community that help with Baking in Blender pretty often from what I’ve seen.

WIKI - Interesting forum topics, problem solving issues - Blender Courses / Talk - GameDev.tv
There’s a section in this link above specifically subtitled “Problems when baking” try checking those out. The very first link in that section, NP5 gives a nice post with steps to solve a majority of baking-cavity issues. If you have trouble finding it still let me know.

This helped me whenever I got stuck on the same section, so give it a shot, but if you still can’t get it working, please let us know and maybe someone can help with the file directly. It took me a little over an hour of tweaking the details even after reviewing the link and pages, so take your time.

3 Likes

Privacy & Terms